Monday, August 31, 2009

The job search heats up

I was laid off at the end of May and here it is September 1. I had a great summer with Jim and Sean, went on two vacations, and took care of most of my project list and now I'm ready to go back to work. I need to go back to work. Not just for the money, which I do need, but I am not a successful stay at home kind of person. I need to be busy and challenged. I need to make a contribution to a company that I enjoy working for and I need to be productive. There are alot more projects I could be doing both inside and outside of the house and I will continue doing that until I go back to work but now that Sean is going back to school and vacations are out of the way, I'm ready.

So, the all important "networking" has to be stepped up. I'm checking all of the common job search websites but word of mouth and contacts both personal and professional will hopefully help to increase visibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment