Sunday, June 6, 2010

Friends past and present

I have some pretty awesome friends in my life right now and they are very important to me. However, I had some really great people in my life when I was younger but because of the person I was then, I let them go. I just sort of blew them off and went my merry way. People and relationships weren't a priority then, not sure what was really. Probably drinking and being selfish I suppose. It would seem that in my late teens and through my twenties people were pretty disposable to me. I have over the past year been in contact fairly regulary now with a person that I worked with at Arrow back in 86, another that I've known since I moved to Wallingford in 1970 and a few others that I just wanted to reconnect with. I am so grateful that they are so forgiving.

During the last couple of years I have spent a pretty fair amount of time contemplating what I would write for the biography that I would like to give to Fawn. In doing so, it has brought up repressed memories that I don't want to deal with but will, memories that are good and I'm glad have surfaced,and thoughts of so many people that I knew. I have googled some, facebooked some, and just wondered about others. With some it's just curiousity in wondering how they are and how their life turned out, and with some of the others I feel like I might want to reach out to them and communicate. They may not want anything to do with me and that I can accept. It can't hurt to try. All they can do is say no or perhaps, yes. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment