Friday, February 19, 2021

Remiss is another word for lazy

So, when someone says, "I have been remiss" I think it really means they are lazy and just didn't take the time or didn't think it was important enough. Here is the definition I found on Google "If someone is remiss, they are careless about doing things that ought to be done. [formal] I would be remiss if I did not do something about it. Synonyms: careless, negligent, neglectful, culpable More Synonyms of remiss." So, esentially, lazy. Just a fancy word for something that doesn't need it. Well, the last time I was on this blog and wrote anything of any significance was over two years ago. I could use the excuse that there has been a lot going on, there has. I could say that I have been busy with work, busy with crafts, busy with being busy. But while that has in fact been the case, I have not been so busy that I don't have time to write. I have neglected my blog, my books, my daily journal, my calorie log book, my daily "I got this" and why I supposedly "got" this, my health, and my happiness. I seem to take care of everyone in and outside of my life pretty well. But I cannot seem to give a rip enough, to take care of myself. I have an issue with that and I am looking for a solution. I have decided that counseling may hold some answers. In the meantime, writing was/is/should be a therapeutic outlet for me. So much so that you would think that if it truly was so beneficial to my mental and emotional health, that I would make a point to keep it up. Ha. Therein lies the rub. I have been remiss in keeping up with something that should, in theory, be helpful to me. There's that word. Just another word for LAZY........

No comments:

Post a Comment